photo ALD2_01_zps50dad88e.gif photo ALD2_02_zps675202e8.gif photo ALD2_03_zps760ab72c.gif photo ALD2_04_zps4c8c616a.gif photo ALD2_05_zps83ef5d6e.gif photo ALD2_06_zps31aa4937.gif

December 1, 2011

Made in America Christmas


Happy December! Starting today my sister @ 33 Shades of Green and I are doing a Christmas gift guide with our favorite Made in America products! I can't wait to share my ideas with you guys -- and what could be better than supporting companies, big and small, that make everything right here in America. We'll post every Thursday from now until Christmas so keep checking back here and at 33 Shades of Green for some great ideas.

First up on the list, a mild obsession of mine, Tervis Tumblers! Why is it every time I get on that site I want to buy a full monogrammed set of every size tumbler?! A little background on Tervis -- they were started in 1946 when two engineers in Detroit (let's hear it for the D!) found a way to create a permanently sealed, double walled tumbler that insulated cold and hot drinks, with no condensation. Pretty genius if you ask me. Fast forward 65 years (!!) and Tervis tumblers are still kicking it. "To this day, all Tervis products are proudly made in North Venice, Florida, where over 600 people are employed through this family-owned-and-operated business."

My sister and I both have Michigan State Tervis tumblers and they are a staple on every road trip, beach day, cottage time, tailgate, etc. The Tervis Collegiete collection is great for gift giving, they carry designs for a ton of college and universities. Who wouldn't want to sport one of these at the next tailgate or *ahem* in the Spartans case, perhaps a Rose Bowl game....

Thanks for the beauty shot sis!
24 Ounce Tumbler with clear travel lid



The tumblers come in almost any kind of design or theme you could think of, NFL teams, patriotic, seasonal, etc. My personal favorite? The monogrammed... What a great Christmas gift! (Hint, hint Mom.) Since they come in a variety of sizes, there is a gift for almost any budget. I think a single monogrammed cup with matching lid would be a perfect small gift or for something bigger, a full set of 4 cups. My wish list design:



And just in case you're still thinking to yourself, what is so special about these tumblers? They don't "sweat", no condensation rings on tables, are dishwasher safe, virtually unbreakable, meltdown resistant, and keep cold drinks extra cold and hot drinks extra warm.

One more reason why Tervis rocks and makes a perfect gift? Lifetime Guarantee. Need I say more? It's like the gift that keeps giving should anything happen to your tumbler years down the road.

Size comparison: 16 ounce vs. 24 ounce
Keep checking the Tervis site this week and for the next 12 days, they just started a 12 days of Christmas promotion with a new deal each day. Happy Made in America Christmas!

*Company information and monogrammed image sourced from Tervis.com

4 comments:

  1. Great post Babes. We do love our Tervis tumblers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I believe in shopping local whenever possible, it's so important.

    I always saw these tumblers at bed bath and beyond and wondered about them, now I know the story! I'm going to get over there with my coupon and buy one now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bed bath and beyond isn't exactly shopping local though. Insert foot in mouth LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be watching your gift guide posts! I had no idea Tervis started in Detroit (let's hear it for the D!). I always thought of them as a southern thing. My husband is so hard to buy for. Think I could get away with giving him a set (with his monogram, of course) for Christmas and enjoying them myself? - ha! So sorry you won't get to take your Spartan cup to the Rose Bowl (not really, Go Blue!) Oh hey, THANK YOU for supporting American-made products.
    Sarah from www.usalovelist.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me feel special. Leave a little something!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails