I was listening to some music tonight and was enjoying this song so much I thought I just HAD to share with you guys :) I never listen to the radio so I could be terribly behind, but maybe some of you haven't heard this one yet, Some Nights, by Fun. You've probably heard the band Fun.'s other song, We are Young. I love that one too, but just discovered this and couldn't stop singing along and dancing around in the kitchen when it came on! Hope you guys enjoy it to!
April 26, 2012
April 25, 2012
April 22, 2012
Hope everyone's having a good weekend! My only complaint? They always go by way too fast. Trying to soak up as much of these two days as I can. I've been enjoying these flowers this weekend -- I cut some hyacinths from my yard and they were a perfect way to brighten up my living room. It doesn't happen very often, but I love being able to cut fresh flowers from my own yard, talk about cheap decorating! I put them in a bud vase on my coffee table and a little sprig for my bathroom. They smelled great and lasted pretty well inside.
April 18, 2012
April 11, 2012
Love this quote. And the artist, Katie Daisy -- she has so many amazing prints. You can check out all her work here, katiedaisy.com or visit her Etsy shop to purchase one of her amazing prints. I think these would look so cute in a child's room or a part of your home that needs a little bright and cheery.
April 10, 2012
Walgreens has gone upscale! I never considered myself a big Walgreens fan, but I have to give Walgreens some props since they were started right here in Chicago and still have their headquarters in the ‘burbs. The new Flagship store on State Street changed my opinion of them; I’m definitely a fan now.
The new flagship store opened in January and is completely unlike any Walgreens I’ve ever seen. Wine tasting? Manicures? Fro-yo in 6 different flavors? Who knew?! The new location is two stories right across the street from Macy’s at State and Randolph, in the former Loehmann's building. Walgreens had previously operated a store at this intersection from 1926 to 2005, so there are a lot of references to their history in the area throughout the store.
I’m pretty excited to have this store close by while I’m at work. A few highlights that I think anyone who works in the loop or surrounding areas will appreciate:
- A full manicure bar with Essie and OPI – and get this, you can get a manicure for only $10!! That is a serious steal in the loop. Only downside, they don’t do cuticle work, but everything else you would expect with a manicure is included. It’s already pretty busy so make sure you call ahead for an appointment. The beauty area upstairs also does makeovers and brow shaping.
- Fresh sushi bar with a chef who will actually make your sushi order right there, barista serving specialty “Randolph & State” blends, jucie bar and low-fat Frozen Yogurt in a ton of flavors. Plus, everything is reasonably priced. I’m always excited to have more lunch options! I zeroed in on the fro-yo and forgot to snap pics of the other food, oops.
- Wine Tasting at Walgreens? Why not! They carry a huge selection of wines, from cheap to pricey and they periodically have tastings. If I need a lunch time pick-me-up I am going to seriously consider attending a tasting…
- Take Care clinic, I’ve never used one of these, but in a pinch this location has an extra nice version of Walgreen’s standard clinics. They have a nurse practitioner you can see with or without an appointment and it’s open on the weekends so it could be a good option when your doctor’s office isn’t open.
- They’ve got all the regular things you would go to a Walgreens for too, just expanded with bigger and better selection. For instance, they now have papyrus greeting cards in addition to the standard ones you’ll find at other locations. And the travel size section?? So many mini-size options! (Is it just me or is it really fun buying mini toiletry items?)
Definitely a convenient place to shop/eat/get a mani/wine in the loop. Whether you live here or are just visiting, it’s worth checking out!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Walgreens Flagship Store
151 N. State
(State and Randolph)