photo ALD2_01_zps50dad88e.gif photo ALD2_02_zps675202e8.gif photo ALD2_03_zps760ab72c.gif photo ALD2_04_zps4c8c616a.gif photo ALD2_05_zps83ef5d6e.gif photo ALD2_06_zps31aa4937.gif

November 9, 2009

Zocalo

A new find in Chicago for awesome Mexican inspired food! Mama D was in town for the weekend and we had heard of this restaurant through friends. We gave it a try on Saturday night -- and it did not disappoint. Of course I failed to bring my regular camera with me, and the one thing my phone can't do well is take pictures in dimly light places. I got a couple of photos from their website which I hope will suffice.

We weren't able to make reservations but went relatively early (6ish) and were easily seated. We ended up sitting at a high table in the bar because it seemed like that's where the action was. I loved the ambience, a lot of candles and soft lighting, very cozy feel.


First let me say that the service was amazing. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly, and the bus boys would not let our water get even the slightest bit empty!

Mama started with a margarita and said it was delish. Unfortunately, I had to abstain because I was still hurting from the night before. (Oh look, I got one picture!)


We started with the ceviche playero. It was fantastic, tasted very fresh and was perfect with the homemade chips, corn and sweet plantain. For our entrees I chose the Zocalo steak fajitas and M had one of the specials, vegetarian empanadas. I was so pleased with my meal, I am not sure what kind of steak it was, maybe skirt or hanger, but it was so tender and flavorful. The empanadas were also good.

I am so happy to have a new place for drinks and dinner. They also run some pretty good specials during the week; a BYOB night and half-off appetizers, to name a few.

1 comment:

Comments make me feel special. Leave a little something!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails