photo ALD2_01_zps50dad88e.gif photo ALD2_02_zps675202e8.gif photo ALD2_03_zps760ab72c.gif photo ALD2_04_zps4c8c616a.gif photo ALD2_05_zps83ef5d6e.gif photo ALD2_06_zps31aa4937.gif

September 11, 2010

In remembrance

Nine years ago today most of our lives changed forever. Maybe not in significant ways, but the tragedy that happened on September 11, 2001, left us all a little different.

What I remember most about those days was the way everyone united following the attack. I have never seen such strong patriotism and care for one another other. I'm dedicating this post to the brave men and women who lost their lives. The firemen and police officers who rushed into the buildings to offer help, the unsuspecting office workers going about their day and the heros who brought a plane down in a remote field. We will never forget.


Picture via here.

For some reason the speech that stands out the most to me from that time was the impromptu speech given at Ground Zero by President Bush. I still get teary eyed. For me it embodies the way everyone was feeling during that time.

2 comments:

Comments make me feel special. Leave a little something!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails