photo ALD2_01_zps50dad88e.gif photo ALD2_02_zps675202e8.gif photo ALD2_03_zps760ab72c.gif photo ALD2_04_zps4c8c616a.gif photo ALD2_05_zps83ef5d6e.gif photo ALD2_06_zps31aa4937.gif

April 14, 2010

Words for Wednesday



I'm a big Shel Silverstein lover. I had a couple of his books growing up that I adored. Where the Sidewalk Ends is great for kids, short little funny stories/poems. And don't even get me started on The Giving Tree. I never owned that one as a child, but certainly read it and now have my own copy. It can pretty much bring me to tears anytime I read it. 

Really like this quote -- for children and "big children", everyone needs a little inspiration sometimes. I think a print of this quote would be perfect hanging in a child's room. I'm going to store this idea away for later, much, much later :)

Image by sister, of a box of crayons my Dad had as a child.

5 comments:

  1. Awww, hi Kristen! I loved Shel Silverstein when I was little, and still do, actually, thanks for reminding me. Lovely little blog you've got here, I'm a new follower! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a Silverstein fan as well and especially that quote!! It was even my desktop for a while! :) Looking forward to more from you so following you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi..I’m Barb from Fri. Follow. I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
    & get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love Shel Silverstein and I FORGOT ABOUT HIM! being a child was great. So excited you're a follower now!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me feel special. Leave a little something!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails